Southwest Creations is hiring a
Production Office Assistant.
The Production Office Assistant position designed to meet the demand created by Southwest Creations’ rapidly growing contract manufacturing business. The Production Office Assistant works directly with Director of Production to manage the purchase orders, production pipeline, inventory, supplies and deliveries for clients. This work is essential to ensure that all supplies are in house prior to starting a purchase order and thereby ensuring that there is sufficient work for the production employees on a daily basis. The Production Office Assistant works closely with Production Area Supervisors to ensure they are able to meet their ongoing delivery schedules.
This position will focus primarily on Southwest Creations’ largest client but will include other tasks as needed to ensure smooth operations of all production. The Production Office Assistant is a full-time position and reports directly to the Production Director. In addition, the Production Office Assistant will support the Office Manager in human resources, safety and fire compliance and other areas as needed.
This position will also be responsible for managing and developing Southwest Creations’ new shipping and warehousing functions. This will require learning and implementing shipping requirements and software and managing activities.
SUMMARY OF REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS /EXPERIENCE & CAPABILITIES
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills within team and with customers
- 2+ years of office management experience and working with a team for successful delivery of products
- Inventory and supply management experience for fast-paced environment
- Experience in similar production firm or industry a plus
- Ability and willingness to work on production floor as needed
- High level of organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Strong capabilities and comfort with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Strong English written and spoken skills
- Spoken Spanish skills
- Demonstrates high level of communication capability to customers, managers and staff
- Maintain strong relationship with clients based on ongoing communication and problem solving for client satisfaction
- Strong time management and planning skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple ongoing tasks
- Strong level of professionalism
A good candidate demonstrates:
- Ability to manage files, records, prepare documentation, and stay organized
- Ability to manage fast paced, quick changing environment
- Ability to plan for scheduling, storage and plan for timing of use of inventory
- Willingness to develop skills and take on increasing responsibility
- Shared values of Southwest Creations’ social enterprise goals
- Personal commitment to Southwest Creations and building the organization through positive support, leadership, and collaboration
Associates Degree in business or similar major preferred
High school diploma /GED required
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Southwest Creations is proud equal-opportunity employer
- 5 sick days for self or family members
- 5 paid holidays
- 10 days paid vacation after six months
- Health care stipend per month
Onsite daycare for $.25/hour
Salary range: $32,000 - $40,000 depending on Experience
Start Date: December 4, 2017- Send cover letter and resume to Susan Matteucci, Executive Director email@example.com. No phone calls accepted.