Hacia: Toward The University is hiring an
Hacia Expansion Facilitator
Hacia: Toward the University
Hacia: Toward the University (Hacia) is Southwest Creations’ vehicle to apply our best practices to impact a greater number of families in addition to those we employ in our market-driven enterprise. This two-generation family engagement project inspire and supports whole families as they navigate the pipeline from Pre-K to higher education.
Hacia builds an intergenerational culture of engagement and lifelong learning. For vulnerable children, this translates to family support for reading and other home learning activities and improved school attendance, key indicators for academic achievement, high school graduation and first generation college attendance.
To date, participants have achieved a 98% high school graduation rate and 95% college attendance rate. The Hacia team currently works with 600 families in Albuquerque and has plans to greatly expand its impact over the next 10 years.
The Hacia: Toward the University Expansion Facilitator is a full-time position reporting to the Project Director. The Facilitator will work with students in a one-on-one setting as well as with families and will be trained intensely to facilitate family workshops. The Facilitator will collaborative with staff to create and implement a plan for expansion, focusing on the South Valley 2020 and beyond.
The Expansion Facilitator will:
Work with students and families directly and will:
- facilitate, prepare and follow up for college readiness and family engagement workshops
- recruit, engage and reengage families in college-bound success planning
- link families to existing academic, social, and health-related resources
- manage family data for the purposes of case management and program evaluation
- provide ongoing documentation and institutionalize the “SCC Way” of Hacia creating training processes and materials with the Hacia team
Build a plan for expansion in Albuquerque’s South Valley and beyond and:
- create materials that demonstrate Hacia’s role as leader in family engagement and college readiness
- report to Project Director to develop strategic plans for implementing aggressive growth plan including; an external expansion plan and an Hacia school expansion plan
- build upon and formalize Southwest Creations’ referral network of schools, community organizations and service providers in the South Valley
- develop and implement professional development plan for collaborating institutions
- develop a plan for the Hacia Alumni network
- explore NM Davis Scholar site possibilities
- commit to SCC’s professional values by following a work plan
Candidates for the Hacia: Toward the University Expansion Facilitator must possess:
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and commitment to and passion for the SCC mission
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills
- Ability to problem solve and think critically and strategically
- Strong organization and time management
- Fluency English and Spanish (written and spoken)
- Strong facilitation and community outreach skills with knowledge and/or interest in popular education technique
- Competency working in low income, Mexicano/ Hispano/Chicano, and/or immigrant communities
- Ease when working in a high-performance, collaborative and constructive peer group management model
- Excellent communication skills in technical writing, reporting and public speaking
- A Bachelor’s degree and at least two years of experience in related work
- A valid NM driver’s license
- The ability to make a two-year commitment to Southwest Creations Collaborative
- Flexibility in scheduling and the ability to work Saturdays and evenings
- The ability to lift 25 pounds
Salary and Benefits
SCC is a proud equal opportunity, family-friendly employer that promotes accountability to our community and mission. The salary for the is competitive and based upon experience. Full-time benefits include:
- 10 days of paid personal leave
- 5 days of paid sick leave
- 5 paid holidays
- Health insurance stipend
- On-site childcare for $.25 per hour (based on availability)
Salary range (base on experience) $35,000 - $45,000
Applications will be accepted through June 22nd, 2018. Interested candidates should submit:
A one-page cover letter
A mock letter addressed to Hacia la Universidad families in which the candidate introduces herself/himself. The letter should be in English and Spanish and no more than one page.
All materials should be submitted to Hacia Project Director, Sasha Pellerin, at email@example.com
Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
This is a new position and beginning in summer 2018.