Southwest Creations is hiring a
The Communications Coordinator position is responsible for supporting all communications for Southwest Creations’ social enterprise efforts. The work will include developing written, visual and digital communications; web content oversight; database coordination; and donor communications support. The goal of this position will be to support the Southwest Creations staff in communicating with clients, donors, board members and the public. The ideal candidate for this position will be organized, fluent in written/visual/digital communications, self-motivated, collaborative and excited about the important mission and work of SCC.
Main responsibilities include:
General Communications Development
- Work with Executive Director and SCC staff to develop and produce content for communications materials including letters, brochures and other collateral.
- Utilize design templates to create communications materials, and work with contract graphic designers as appropriate.
- Create engaging content for SCC website including general updates and blog/news posts.
- Make content updates to SCC website and work with graphic designers and developers as appropriate on design and programming needs for site.
- Create talking points for staff and Board members as needed.
- Develop content for SCC’s social media accounts (Facebook and Instagram).
- Oversee development and distribution of SCC newsletters.
Additional responsibilities on an as-needed basis:
Donor Communications Development
- Work with Executive Director to develop donor communications timeline.
- Maintain and update donor database
- Oversee distribution of all donor communications including annual appeal and donor recognition.
- Manage annual appeal process
- Manage and consistently update fundraising database.
Business Development Assistance
- Assist in SCC tour coordination
- Assist Executive Director in board communications and meeting preparation.
Position reports to Executive Director
Part-time (10 hours per week)
A good candidate demonstrates:
- Ability to manage files, records, prepare documentation, and stay organized
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, quick-changing environment
- Willingness to develop skills and take on increasing responsibility
- Shared values of Southwest Creations’ social enterprise goals
- Personal commitment to Southwest Creations and building the organization through positive support, leadership, and collaboration
Send cover letter and resume to:
Susan Matteucci, Executive Director,
No phone calls accepted.